View Single Post
Old Sun May 3, 2009, 09:32 AM

Thumbs up Swelling of the Legs

Hi All,

After combatting swelling in my legs for several years, I have found an inexpensive solution that has all but gotten rid of it. The compression DVT/ airline socks sold in Publix and some drug stores are wonderful. They come in both black and white. I use size large even tho my shoe size is smaller than what is indicated because they are tight. They are knee high. I use them daily and after several months have found the swelling stays away even if I don't put them on. I had tried expensive socks at the medical supply store that did not work at all. These DVT Airline/ Compression socks (brand MedPed that also make other types of socks as well) are the best! I have found them to be cheaper when bought locally, but you can get them online from the company that makes them.

JEZ
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran

Last edited by JEZ : Sun May 3, 2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: mispellled swelling in title