View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerFallen View Post
Hi,

I have been diagnosed with AA (just this past Tuesday) and am flustered and confused with all of the information out there regarding this disease. I am on ATG treatment (I was before the diagnosis as chemotherapy for a non-malignant tumour had lowered my BCC) and am wondering if anyone else has experienced major bone pain with this?

I meet with a Hematologist next week to discuss my diagnosis more thoroughly (originally came from an Oncologist); any tips on what I should expect him to do/ask during our initial meeting?

Thanks
I'm not an expert but I was in great shape before this and I suffered from arthritis after ATG and it hurt. It will go away after the ATG tapers but you may feel it in the cold and want to dress super warm. Stay in and avoid infections. Don't eat food from the ground right away. The doctor gave me oxycodone in case I needed it. I wouldn't suggest this medicine for anyone because I heard it could be addictive but there were times when my toes would get stuck and freeze. It hurt and I had to take it but it did go away and it will so not to worry. You may want to ask the doctor about medicine. I wish you well. The nausea and pain will go away. Use a thermometer and check for a fever. IF it hits 100 go to the hospital right away and don't wait. IT is VERY important for your safety that you do so. I'll help you in any way I can because I experienced that too. Keep in touch Jennifer