Thread: New Beginnings
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 17, 2014, 02:15 PM

New Beginnings

My name is Kensley Davis and i a 24 young guy who has been diagnosed with SAA. This has been one of the most disorienting times of my life as I recently graduated from college, was working full time, and also just planning to apply to law school. it seems as though all that was put on pause with one blood test and bone biopsy. By no ways do I want sympathy, as we are all facing similar challenges, however it is nice to be vulnerable with those who are/have gone through the same types of things. i feel blessed there is a forum like this one, where community can be built and strengthened.

I just finished ATG three weeks ago, my counts were doing ok right after wc 4.2 anc 1.4 and all of sudden they are dropping (platelets are biggest problem) and it drives me crazy every time I have to go in for a cbc. because it is something i can not control. My retic count has been going up, not sure if that means anything but yea.

in short, i dont want live these next 3 to 6 months a nervous wreck, but rather have some peace and productivity during such a critical period. Did any of you follow through on goals, develop healthy coping mechanisms while u rode the wave of aplastic anemia? thank you for listening to my random thoughts, and allowing me to be apart of this group.

Sending thoughts of peace and courage to all!

KD