View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:29 PM

Hi, Angie,

Can you share more about your case? Do you have hypocellular marrow based on BM biopsy? What specific tests have you done for Lupus? On what basis did your doctor diagnose that it was Lupus causing your AA? What medication are you taking for Lupus apart from Plaquinil? Are you also taking steroid? You said your counts are coming up after taking medication for one month. What were your counts before and after medication?

My teenage niece was diagnosed AA 3 years ago. At the onset of the disease about 4 years ago, my niece had reynauds and pancytopenia and our doctor suspected Lupus. My niece then had blood test for Lupus but were negative. She was later diagnosed AA after a few BM biopsy. Prior to receiving ATG in August 2010, she was tested ANA once more and again negative. She only had mild response to ATG. After being RBC transfusion independent for a year, her blood counts have recently declined back to pre-treatment levels, and now requires transfusion again. After reading your post, I wonder whether my niece’s case could also be Lupus causing AA. If so, her treatment might be heading in the wrong direction. Would appreciate if you could share more details of your case. Thanks.

Leung