View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 14, 2013, 07:24 PM

Hey Marlene!

You are a sweet heart! Thanks so much for chatting with me about this!
Just some thoughts:

1) Are you working with a GI doctor to rule out GI tract problems regarding potential parasite infection, gluten intolerance, bleeding etc.?

All clear! Per colonoscopy and endoscopy!!, No gluten allergy and all blood work, blood cultures and stool samples clear of parasites and no signs or symptoms of infection!

2) Since you are not absorbing iron, there a strong possibility you are low on other nutrients. I haven't kept up with iron disorders but from what I can recall, B2 and B6 are needed in order for your blood cells to utilize the iron. Low normal values and high values in a good nutritional work-uo should be investigated.

B2, B6, B12 all good! All vit work up all good!

3) Have you worked with a allergist and rheumatologist to see if you have any allergies as well autoimmune issues?

Yes all autoimmune negative.. normal creactive protein and esr...

4) Any latent/low grade infection going on? Bacterial, viral or fungal?
Nope nothing at all!

5) what's the reason for the high Eosinophil count
They thought I had a syndrome called Chrug- Strauss syndrome but that was negative per bone marrow biopsy....

6) Tannins in tea and wine can inhibit iron absorption when having them with meals. Whereas vitamin C will help it

I take vit c with my iron as well as an empty tummy!! The iron transfusions do nothing..... not even a smudge of an increase! And you would think it would.. going right into the blood.....

This is all to weird!!!! The doctor can not be bothered with it... like I stated above ...... so weird!!!!!! I should have the results of the genetic testing on Tuesday... So I guess all I can do it wait and see if anything comes about... I just find it so very weird!