View Single Post
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 09:45 AM

Hi Trish.
This is Diane's daughter Charlotte. I am now thankfully over the AA and I really hope your daughter does aswel. I know you are probably on a lot of stress and strain as our family was last year. I was just wondering, do they know how she caught AA or any ways it may of developed? The reason I ask this is, although we were never told through the medical world we are 99% certain that it was caused by moskito bites transferring hepititus/glandulafever in the first instance which then lead to AA. This is only our theory however I feel this is important because one noticeable correlation was the improvement of all my blood counts, some of them by themselves straight after blood transfusions and platelet transfusions at the same time. It is our theory that given this double boost at the same time did in effect help self recovery, even though not one doctor would agree with this at the time. However when we look back at the graphs after every occasion this was done a boost of recovery occured.
I really hope Jessica battles through this mentally, I was the same age as her when I was in the same position last year. I know it effected my GCSE's as it will hers but I am now doing them at college and things are back to normal.
Do you live in the UK? And what part are you in?
Im at Colchester college, which is in essex near where I live.
Keep in touch.
Charlotte