View Single Post
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 08:57 PM

Hi Charlotte~
I'm VERY glad to hear from you. I can't wait to tell Jessica your story. Yes the waiting to see what her counts do each week is very stressfull. We are anxious for her to be better, and hopefully put all this behind her. This week she has a skin infection we are watching closely. Hopefully, the antibiodics will kick in and take care of it! No, we don't know what caused Jessica's AA. The only thought was possibly an antibiodic she was on to treat an ear infection, but not sure. We're not even really sure how long she had been sick. She'd been feeling kinda tired (but was going to school,working,and running around) for a couple of months. I think about January she began complaining that she was having trouble hearing. By February, she was extremely irritable and having headaches. She had had (what we thought was the flu) a couple of weeks before she was treated for the ear infection, fever, aches and spent about 3 days in bed.) We didn't think much about it because everybody had the flu at that time. Then in March the bruising started showing up unexplained. That's when she was diagnosed.
Jess is a pretty tough girl and has been so brave through all of this. She doesn't talk much about it, and most of the time doesn't seem to worry too much. Kinda afraid she's trying to protect her Dad & me. Any suggestions on what you wanted to hear when you were sick? It's always good to have perspective from someone who has been there, done that!
We are actually in the US, in the State of Virginia. Good luck with school & keep up the good counts!!
Trish