View Single Post
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 11:32 AM

Hi Trish
It's Diane. Like Jessica, Charlotte never complained, even though i am sure things did get her down at the time. I know the main thing for Charlotte was being isolated from her friends and not being able to have a social life. What teenager wants to be stuck at home with their parents every weekend? It was really hard for me and her dad to have to keep telling her that she couldnt go out. Every hospital visit she would ask when she could play football again and when she was allowed back to school.
When she did first start going out, she hated the constant phone calls from us worrying until she was home.
I think it is best to tell Jessica the truth about her treatments and what may happen. Charlotte didnt understand how serious the illness was until she came home from hospital and was told she wouldnt be going back to school for a while, which turned out to be about 4 months.
Although it was a hard time for everyone, it certainly brings the family closer together when you come through it all. Its hard for us to know what to tell you, but if there is any questions from you or Jessica, feel free to ask.
We do keep thinking of Jessica and hope for the best for her.
Diane.