View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 30, 2015, 07:50 PM

I understand your reluctance about chemo, Data. I feel the same about quality rather than quantity of life because even a lot of simple "everyday" drugs affect me adversely. This has driven me to search for natural alternatives which I use immediately when threatened with an infection. They are mostly effective and I don't need antibiotics anywhere near as often as I used to. This is how I cope with the low WCC. However your platelets are pretty low too - how does that affect you? How about the monosomy 7 - is 7 out of 20 at a dangerous level?

Should my quality of life decrease significantly I would consider chemo again, but I'm glad I didn't start Azacitidine (Vidaza) when it was first offered to me in early 2012. Only you can decide and I for one will totally respect your decision. The important thing is to be regularly monitoring your blood results. As Bailie has pointed out, feeling well is not necessarily an indicator of stable MDS.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.

Last edited by Cheryl C : Wed Sep 30, 2015 at 08:00 PM.