View Single Post
Old Wed May 26, 2010, 11:29 PM

Ended Clinical Trial 5/26/10

It was a good ride... on clinical trail e1905. Today it was recommended that Ron no longer continue on this clinical trial. So, this will be the last post on this clinical trial for Ron. I'll start a new entry, to report on Ron's monitoring, blood counts, how he's feeling, etc. So, Ron's on "Watch-n-Wait-Pray". Will keep you all updated. As we left the clinical, it was as if a weight had been lifted from our shoulders.... we keep praying and keep Praising God's Holy Name, thanking for Direction/Guidance/Healing.

Here is what was shared with Family & Friends via email this evening:

Ron's White Blood Cells (WBCs) had improved tremendously today and while Ron was qualified to continue on clinical trial, his Doctor strongly recommended against continuing chemo treatment. Ron is in remission, and the Doctor wants to monitor Ron without administering more chemo. The doctor is concerned that, while Ron's in remission, if he continues to recieve chemo, then, it may beat his WBCs down to a point eventually, that they don't recover. He said, Ron can continue in remission and not require any additional treatment for 6 mons or even 2yrs or more. Ron's blood counts will be monitored every 2 wks to start with and then, once per month. The Key right now is, Ron feels & looks Great!

We thank God for the wonderful Medical care and Medicines made available to Ron. We openly Praise God and give him all of the Glory for Ron's healing! We are so thankful to all of you for the prayers that have been lifted up to the heavens from all over the world! (United States, Brasil, Japan, Korea, Sweden, Germany, etc.) just to name a few.... We even received a hankerchef in the mail the other day from Janice (Ron's sister)... her church had annointed it with oil and prayed over it for Ron's healing... these prayers are the reason Ron & I are making plans again..... Just to Live Life Normal Again.....

But, will we ever really be "normal again"? No... I don't believe we'll ever be quite be the same.... somehow Life and Living has an entirely different meaning now. You see, these situations make you acutely aware of just how short life is here on earth and how quickly you can go from being healthy to being ill.... and without God, I don't how we would have gotten through this ordeal.... And, about life... I just remembered a saying I once heard.... "Today is a Gift. That's why we call it the Present".

And, just to share.... These scriptures listed below (NIV) have especially touched me: Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 31:3 "Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me"
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.