Thread: MDS to AML
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 1, 2006, 01:20 PM

MDS to AML

I guess the other shoe has dropped. My blood tests and more importantly, my bone marrow biopsy results from my MD Anderson visit on Tues. were not good. I have not rcvd. fax of the pathology report but have talked with Dr. deLima's nurse at MD Anderson several times today.Dr. DeLima said I have progressed now to AML. My excess blasts (the bad guys) that were 10-15% at my initial diagnosis in April 2005, had decreased with Vidaza treatment to 6% Dec. 2005, and 3% June 2006, are now at 32% with 7% in the periphereal blood. They are setting up appts. for me in the Leukemia Center at MD Anderson for next wk. They will contact me later today re. appts. Dr. deLima is saying I will probably need some more aggressive chemo.
He took extra blood 11/28 to check the antibodies and mentioned the possibility of finding a donor who matches at the A2 antigen but may be a mismatch at a less significant antigen. Their search has been continuing for the last 6 months without finding any matches. Dr. deLima wants my 3 children to come down to Houston to be tested. He also mentioned double cord blood transplant possiblity. Loretta/ aka Letty DeleteReplyForwardMove...
progressed to AML 11/28/06