View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 2, 2013, 09:21 AM

Tim,

I wanted to add that the ATG burns through your platelets and/or blood. My son would be able to go a week between platelet transfusions but needed them every other day while on ATG and for the two weeks after. An older thread on here mentioned that ATG has a 7-10 day half life so it will stay in your system for 14-20 days. Sure enough when my son hit the three week post-ATG mark he only needed platelets once a week again. So some of that could be ATG related.

Be very careful at home. Don't do too much. If you're an active person it will be hard but you will have time to catch up when you are better. Also, if your wife is overwhelmed perhaps you can hire a cleaning person to come in once a week to help and you can sequester yourself in your bedroom while they're cleaning? It's been the cleaning that's been overwhelming to me. Because you're still doing everything you did before (take my other son to his activities, help with school-work, go to work), and then on top of that feel the need to clean the house everyday instead of once a week and the bathrooms several times a day. I may go to the in-house cleaning solution soon because it's hard for my husband and I to do it all.