View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 1, 2016, 04:00 PM

DanL and Bailie - you both continue to inspire me - I'm glad, despite the setbacks you are both positive and doing well.

Data - No doubt stories of relapse, GVHD and such, while inspiring, can also be a bit scary - I'm very mindful that I'm near the time post transplant when DanL and Bailie relapsed.

There are plenty of other scary stories on this board and others - but there are also some very good outcomes who aren't necessarily posting ten years post transplant - There's always Robin Roberts for inspiration - perhaps you noticed how buff and energetic she was on the Oscars?

Going into transplant there is a lot to fear - but try and push the fear away and focus on the best results that could and will happen to you. Believe you will end up cured - and believe you will overcome the bumps along the way. We're all rooting for you!

Best,
P.
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015