View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 10:57 AM

Thank you Marlene! I am pretty certain the threshold is 10k for me. I remember talking about it with my hematologist last time I saw him. Unfortunately since he didn't really seemed concerned about it, I didn't write it down. It was so late last night, the on call dr had not contacted the hematologist.

My inf. dis. doctor whom I see today knows the most about my case other the hematologist. I am going to ask him to look at the platelet count for the last several CBCs. If they are all around 13-14 which I think they will be since my surgery in Nov then I am going to ask if there are any notes from my hematologist about a threshold level. All the on call dr looked at last night was that my platelets had gone from 40 back to 14. I will check on the clotting time as well. I know that is a test they will do next week with the others for the stem cell transplant pretests. When I had my blood draw yesterday, it clotted just fine afterward with very little blood on the bandage.

Skip - I was thinking the same thing this morning about the infusion center. Yes, there is one there and I bet they can do it and I wouldn't have to pay the $50 copay either. My last 2 experiences with the emergency room were bad. When I went right before Christmas, it was so full of people with the flu, they had to transfer me to another hospital. Before that I went to have my picc line declotted and it took 3 hours for what was a 30 min. procedure. Since getting platelets won't be high on their emergency list, I am sure I would be there for 3 hours again. I can't imagine a worse place for me to go right now!