View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 27, 2017, 02:52 PM

FISH Result Help

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while since my diagnosis this time last year but thought I should get better at participation in this forum. To start, I'd like to see if anyone has additional information on my FISH results.

Specifically, my BMB shows the following: deletion 5q31, deletion 7q31, deletion 17p53.1 (p53), deletion 20q12, trisomy 8

My hematologist has said all is normal, but the more I research on the web, the more confused I become. For instance, there is mention that isolated del(7q) is associated with better prognosis/survival but add additional abnormalities and the prognosis worsens. del(5q) is also "good" but I'v also seen del (5q) with TP53 as strongly correlated with poor prognosis.

I am considering setting a second opinion but in the meantime, is there a way I should be looking at the above results? Do I read them individually or in concert with one another?

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome!
Diagnosed Hypoplastic MDS RAEB-I w/5% Blasts (Nov 2016); treated with Atgam in Dec 2016 and completed cyclosprine course in May 2017; Blast 3-5%; Hypocellar BM; WBC .66k/uL; ANC 0.15k/uL; Platelets 71k/uL; RBC 3.54mil/uL; Hemoglobin 12.7g/dL