View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 7, 2018, 11:17 AM

MDS2018,

I didn't pay as much attention to RBC as I did to hemoglobin-just another way of measuring the same thing really. Both look at red blood cells. The lowest I went with hgb was 8, until the AML. That is rather unusual though. I had a really easy way of it with MDS.

Even now, although I have what's considered "the worst type of Leukemia with the poorest prognosis," I am really doing well. My hemo transfuses me whenever my hgb goes below 8. I stay home when my ANC goes below 500. And I've only needed platelets once, and then only because I was a little low for my port surgery.

It really varies from person to person. Some people start the 5q- MDS journey needing several transfusions then Revlimed stabilizes them. Others like me go years not needing anything. I never had the need to go on Revlimed. I'm doing decitabine now in preparation for a transplant.

I don't believe your wife's counts are unusual. What about those of you who have done Revlimed, how low did your RBC or hgb go while on Revlimed?

Blessings,
Barb