View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 3, 2010, 05:26 AM

Question A question for the ladies...

Hello. Julie here again and still struggling with low platelets. Last count 26 (but it's holding there so that is ok I guess).

Having "monthly" issues. Well, actually it is more of a continual saga, not just each month. I had one of my ovaries taken out at the end of last year because of endometriosis. Won't bore you with all the details but I am now a bit concerned about bleeding between periods. Not too much, but enough to frighten me.

I went to my GP who gave me a thrush treatment to try, but it doesn't seem like thrush to me. Anyone else had issues like this with low platelets?

It makes me feel kinda fragile... especially knowing that bleeding could get quite serious if I'm not on top of it (if you know what I mean). I am going to make another appointment with my GP and push for further testing. Continual discharge isn't something I should be trying to live with.

Thanks for any thoughts...
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.