View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 16, 2012, 07:26 PM

I find all the talk about Copper interesting and a new topic for me in this rotten journey called MDS.
Always interested in maximizing wellness in order to offset illness, I have joined an amazing Integrated Therapy Program that is a "club" or sorts for people with any sort of cancer diagnosis. Our provincial government believes so much in the concept that they are contributing to funding - hitherto unknown. If you check the website, you will see that this Program is attracting much positive attention here in Canada. Their two day LIFE program is fantastic and once joined, access to their enlightened and dedicated Medical Doctors is easy and generous, with 30 minute appointments available for the asking. These doctors are not replacements for others in the system, but work in conjunction with them to fill the gaps in the treatment circle.
My "Inspire MD" has drawn up my personal "Life Plan" and it includes meditation, exercise, nutrition etc. as well as high quality supplements. All suggestions are based on documented research studies.
I have been advised to take 3000 mg. Vit D daily (levels will be tested and dosage adjusted if necessary in 3/12), 1,000 mg daily of DHA/EPA (Omega 3) and to AVOID a multivitamin supplement that contains copper or iron.
Would welcome your comments ...
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.