View Single Post
Old Wed May 27, 2015, 10:58 PM

Mds Raeb Ii

Just found out I have MDS RAEB II diagnosis first of May. Quite a shock, sometimes still can't comprehend it, low platelets were caught in a regular checkup in March. I am 69 and am healthy otherwise only diabetes but that is and has been under control for some time. Spleen is fine. BMB was done and I am now doing blood test once a week for 4 weeks to see if my platelets go down, if they do I will start a low dose chemo. Just learning about this disease, came across this forum and its wonderful. I have some questions about the numbers on my blood test. What does the MPV mean? Last platelet count test was 81,000, MPV 7.4. This week they had went down to 79.000 but MPV was 8.2 and my WBC, RBC and several other numbers had improved. Why did they improve? When people on here talk about their platelets what numbers are they using? I have 19% blasts. If they go to 20% she will do chemo. I am scared but trying to be positive. Reading other peoples stories helps, I don't feel so alone. I hate the fatigue that goes with it. Thank you for listening to me.