View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 25, 2013, 03:10 PM

Talking

I am with Donna - at 6 months i was still dependent on transfusions, doc decided to do another bone marrow aspiration to see what state it was in, he detected a very slight improvement so said he would prefer to wait and see. I have no match on the bone marrow register and I was 50 (now 53). All of a sudden in month 10 things started to go up..and up....and to date all counts normal except platelets which hover in the 60's. - we all respond at different rates, they dont know enough about this disease to say something is definitely black or white, its all grey. I would if I was you wait much longer than the short time you have already - get another aspiration at 6 months and see if there is any improvement. Yes of course with the transfusions your ferritin level goes high, but there is no research out there to say what effect if anything this has on older patients, only on childrens organs. I would if relapsed go down the ATG route again before BMT - not so much for the easier ride but that it is not so drastic. Good luck, keep us in the loop