View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 3, 2013, 01:14 PM

Heather,
I agree With the others that it is too soon to know for certain if the ATG has worked. I have had two rounds of ATG. After both I saw some results after 4 weeks, but the doctor said that was rare and that it would take at least 3 months to know for sure. After the first round, my counts never responded that well, so 6 months later I had another round. Eventually all my counts returned to normal. I don't think it's ever too early to start the search for a match or to start 'thinking' about a BMT. One big issue is that every blood product transfusion and treatment (such as gcsf) can reduce the success possibility of a transplant. That may be what your doctor is thinking, since your husband is still requiring transfusions. If you don't trust the path your doctor is suggesting, don't hesitate to get a second opinion. From reading this forum I can tell that most doctors have a different idea of how to treat this disease. And you need to find one you trust and feel comfortable with.