Thread: pneumonia
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 13, 2011, 09:52 PM

pneumonia

after 2 weeks of postponing my 3 rd round of vidaza due to low counts, I had a fever last monday, put on cipro, and tested positive for pneumonia on Thursday. My platelets were 7 so I had to go get platelets on Friday. My scripts were changed to Amox and Levaquin and a anti fungal med was added.
My temps range from 98.5 in am to 99.5 in pm. It seems vidaza will push back again and now transplant will be postponed too. Has anyone experienced pneumonia? I am frightened but don't know if this is one of the ups and downs of MDS. I have spent so much time getting labs done, and pre transplant testing at the hospital and cancer center, I feel I picked up something there. I have been Howard Hughes like everywhere else.

Please let me know if you have had any similiar scares, and any suggestions.
I am not on any alternative meds as drs said no, but my normal diet of fruits,vegs, nuts, salads have changed with my low wh cells.
(I keep losing my posts, so pardon the mistakes)
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.