View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 19, 2015, 04:22 PM

I had hATG in April 2012 for AA, my blood counts were good until we started cutting back on cyclosporine & my numbers started to drop. I did not know anything about AA or MDS but I had a wonderful onc/hemo Dr. Every visit he would talk about another ATG or bone marrow transplant. When hmg kept falling he did another BMB in April 2013 & it showed MDS. He wasn't sure of transplant because of my age ( 59). I went to transplant Dr & had all kinds of tests & was cleared for transplant. I was very lucky that they found a 10/10 match on donor registry. I had transplant June 2013. I was taking cyclosporine & several other drugs but hmg would still fall. When it dropped to 7 I would need transfusion. This went on until June 2014 when my blood type changed to my donors type. I was O neg, he was AB. I haven't needed transfusion since. I was tapered off of cyclosporine Dec 2014 & doing good trying to get use to my new normal. I m very thankful for this forum, I have learned so much about these crazy blood cancers.