View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 23, 2015, 10:07 PM

Thanks for all the helpful information Hopeful, you are a wonderful support.

As for the prednisone, we are including this because last time when my hgb was not responding post the ATG they decided to have me take prednisone and it seemed to do the trick. It looked like I had hemolytic anaemia but I was coombs negative so they were baffled by why my hgb was lagging when all other counts were improving, so decided to use prednisone. I think the other thing that is perhaps a tad different with me is that while my plts are the first to fall after the ATG they were the first to recover and very quickly - 3 months post ATG - they were 220. From what my doctors have told me this is not the norm.

I have preliminary results back from BMB and at this stage I am clear for Leukaemia and MDS. As you can imagine when I found this out it was a huge relief. They are however waiting for full results (mutations etc.) and this may take another week or more.

They did not directly answered my query re what this relapse means long term and further if I respond to the increased cyclosporine (which would be great) what this means... I think they just don't know. They did seem very anti going straight to ATG now.

I would also like to understand more about whether cyclosporine at say 200mg a day is considered a high dose or relatively mundane.

With respect to the Campath it seems that this could be also an alternative option to taking cyclosporine and I could potentially have a one of monthly injection of Campath in lieu of the cyclosporine.