Thread: Nutritionist?
View Single Post
  #11  
Old Sun Oct 2, 2016, 04:51 PM
bailie bailie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: McMinnville,OR
Posts: 825
The thought process was that if I wanted a chance to live a transplant was a necessity. For me it was a simple choice but not a pleasant choice. I was golfing every week and feeling great so to say "let's do it" was difficult. I was given the opinion by my doctor that it would have been ok to wait another three months, but why wait? I had a very good friend diagnosed two months before me and he waited too long and didn't have a chance once he had to go to transplant. These diseases almost never get better with time and can go downhill quickly.
__________________
age 70, dx RAEB-2 on 11-26-2013 w/11% blasts. 8 cycles Vidaza 3w/Revlimid. SCT 8/15/2014, relapsed@Day+210 (AML). Now(SCT-Day+1005). Prepping w/ 10 days Dacogen for DLI on 6/9/2017.
Reply With Quote