View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 06:21 AM

I went for my final dose of copper for this cycle after having the weekend off. I had my blood test taken because the NUM of the unit was accessing my port and noticed petecheii that werent there last week. The platelet count was good but my WCC was above normal (frustrating when they don't give you numbers) and is the first time in 10 years (at least) that it has even been more than low normal. My Hb was also described as "good".

I have had a stomach bug over the weekend and have a couple of mouth ulcers and a stye on my right eye. I have a sore or something in my right nostril as well. The NUM and all the RNs commented that I looked pale, tired and sick. Frankly that just about hit the nail on the head with how I feel. My BP has fallen to 84/40 again.

It's actually annoying to have these little things wrong, feel unwell and have reasonably normal counts.

Is it possible that the stress of my own and my parents situation over the last two months could cause these petty little infections and fatigue? I'm starting to believe that psychological stress can cause physical problems.

I'm kind of relieved that my WCC can respond to infections...at least that is a major improvement.

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion