View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 24, 2012, 08:13 AM

Thanks for your reply Birgitta. I have tried massage but unfortunately it just stimulates spasms as well as the spasticity. I have not heard of or tried the other things you mentioned.

That article that you sent me was very enlightening. There ARE things out there that can help, I just have to find someone willing to try them for me.

I've started re taking the Diazapam, it helps a little sometimes but at least it mellows me out so I don't stress about it as much. I realize it's not a long term solution and if I keep taking it I'll build up a tolerance.

One thing that did ring bells was the description of the different types of spasticity and mine seems to be the TBI type but I haven't had a traumatic brain injury....I have extensor spasticity where my legs (mainly my right) stick out straight and won't bend, then my feet bend in towards each other and
point, sometimes my toes bend under as well. Occasionally when I finally loosen my legs enough to bend at the knees, they lock in that position and then I can't straighten them.

When my leg sticks out straight at least my cat takes the opportunity to use it to rub her back along, so it's not a complete waste, there is some use for it.

Thanks again for the link, it's given me some hope.

Regards

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion