View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 7, 2013, 06:08 PM

Desensitisation

Hi, well my desensitisation regime was interrupted when the pharmacy "forgot" to order the copper. I started the regime all over again and had a slight reaction when I was given 3 mgs over six and a half hours (slight rash, skin prickling).

Next day I started 4mgs over six and a half hours but broke out in widespread hives etc.

For now the plan is to limit my dose to 3 mgs per day for 5 days every 3rd week. I doubt my blood copper will be stable at this dose but I'm happy to be having any treatment. I am still on Dexamethasone on treatment days followed by prednisilone. I also take Clarityne and IV Phenergan.

I slept for 11 hours last night (due to the Phenergan) and I feel great today. Better than I have in many weeks.

This new treatment centre has gone above anything I would expect. They have been wonderful and even ring me at home to make sure that I'm well.

Amazing considering this is a free public hospital and its the best treatment centre I've been to. They have even supplied me with a state of the art electric bed instead of the electric reclining chairs just so my legs don't spasm or stiffen as much.

Regards

Chirley

Oh, forgot to mention, for some reason my urea, creatinine and eGFR have become abnormal....I don't know whether it can be the steroids, the allergy or something else but it's just a matter of waiting and see if my kidney function changes.