View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 1, 2014, 10:08 AM

Hi, I have not asked for this test and I'm hesitant to throw it into the mix of tests that little can be done about. My hematologist doctor is not a fan of some tests I asked about MTFR and he dismissed it out of hand saying it wouldn't mean anything and lots of people have that defect with no problems. But my GP will test me for anything I ask for. But I generally go with the advise of the hematologist. I think I would look at it differently if my numbers were heading the wrong way. Anyway Dean Ornish has done some work on Lifestyle changes that lengthen telomeres. The diet he recommended is pretty much vegan and when I tried it my overall blood counts dropped so I added in meat. I do not think his study isolated the low fat component of the diet as a reason for success, I seem to do better on a paleo/organic/minimal processed diet the organic and minimal processing is also part of the ornish diet.
http://ornishspectrum.com/proven-program/the-research/