View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 23, 2008, 10:55 AM

Shock & Awe

Hi Folks,

Thanks Ruth.

Received the final cytogenetics on Nellie's BMB done a week ago Friday. Not sure what to make of the whole report. In addition to her blasts dropping from 6% down to 0.5%, the cytogenetics are now completely normal. Previously it was reported there were 18/20 abnormal metaphases. This result after only 4 cycles of Vidaza.

Should I just except the good news: should I question the first report: should I question the second report: should I be suspicious of anything? I thought that once there was chromesome damage the only way to repair it was with a transplant. What should Nellie and I be thinking. Should we ask for comformation. We expect the doctors will want to continue the Vidaza for eight more months before the next BMB. Is it really necessary to continue the Vidaza?

Well maybe I'm too hard headed and should loosen up some. We will see her doctor next week and I am hoping that someone on this site will have some good questions I can ask the doctor. Thanks in advance and god Bless.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.

Last edited by ESeda : Sat Oct 4, 2008 at 01:37 PM.