View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 2, 2008, 01:05 PM

Susan,

I would wait until you get a diagnosis. You can make yourself crazy trying to be proactive without adequate information to base your "next steps" on. If you can break this down into manageble segments it may be better. And the first step is getting an accurate diagnosis. Once you have a diagnosis, you can then focus on what needs to be done next depending on what the docs say. And you want to hear what all the options are and how your dad feels about them. As well as getting a second opinion. If you can be there when he sees the doctor at the time they give the results, that would be a good thing. They can also hook you up with a social worker at the clinic or hospital who can help you through some of this.

I've spent plenty of time planning for all the "what ifs" only to stress myself out over things that just never came to pass.

Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.