View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2012, 11:24 AM

Recently, my Dr suggested Dacogen, as I have tried Vidaza, and Revlimid without success. There is concern on my part as to the lowering of my WBC and Platelets to the point of being succeptible to infections and also, with my serious ongoing gut problems, more GI distress. I did say that I will not go on anything until that is resolved. Finally, I am getting some relief, as my white count is up (thanks to Neupogen) and I can eat fresh fruits and veggies and yogurt to try and get my system repaired from all of the antibiotics I have recieved over the past two years.

This past weekend I felt well enough to travel to Washington DC--after my platelet and 2 blood transfusions!

Dacogen is the last resort, as I have tried all of the other meds. Transplant is not an option. I forget how it is administered--IV? How often and for how long, and what are the major side effects? I will let my overall feelings of well being determine my next course of action, if any......

Any input from Dacogen users would be appreciated!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly