View Single Post
Old Thu May 22, 2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amz904 View Post
Hey ussoccer004,

I actually got ATG and cyclosporine when my ANC was .0 and my WBC was " less than 0.1" in early January. Due to my low counts I did face a small rough patch with my fair share of infections/viruses. But thanks to some heavy duty antibiotics, I made it through fine and have been infection and fever free since the end of February! (My counts now are ANC: 0.5 WBC: 1.0 with the numbers continuing to rise)

Have you talked to your doctor about maybe getting Neupogen shots? They can help boost your WBC temporarily after treatment while your body starts making WBC on its own to help lower your chances of getting any of the viruses you fear! In my case since my counts were initially so low, the shots never worked (probably since there was nothing happening in my bone marrow for the neupogen to stimulate) but in your case since there is at least something happening in your bone marrow, theres a good chance it can help!
I think neupogen is probably the way to go at this point. Are you aware of any long term side effects? Being on the shot for years. I am happy atg worked for you. I also hope it keeps getting you to where we should be.