View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2007, 09:41 AM

I'm back. :)

Yes, so the main things that I wanted to add was what marrowforums already explained about the Cammy Lee Leukemia Foundation (thanks!). We are Asian (Taiwanese) so Joe's best chance for a match would be someone Asian. Although we heard that only one person ever, has found a bone marrow match through their own efforts, it was still important for us to plan drives and raise awareness for the sake of others like us. We were able to meet Cammy Lee in person and are now good friends. She herself has an amazing story.

The other thing I wanted to say is that although our situation is not looking ideal and we are not excited about the prospect of a second transplant...Joe and I have grown so very much in the past year. We have grown in strength, patience, perserverance, grace, and faith more than we could have ever thought possible. Joe in particular has just amazed me each day with his ability to deal with his disease. No matter what his next biopsy result shows I'm so confident that he (and we) will be able to overcome every single obstacle in his way. I just know it. People say we have extreme positivity, and if I have anything to do with it, that is not going away any time soon!

Karen