View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 20, 2006, 04:44 PM

6 year old daughter

Hi everyone,
My name is Suzanne. My daughter was diagnosed with AA June 1, 2005 at the age of 4 (almost 5) after three very long weeks. She underwent a round of rabbit ATG which was awful. In October we flew to Milwaukee from California to be under the care of Dr. Dave Margolis at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. She had a MUD BMT on November 11, 2005. The only thing we know so far about her donor is he is a 35 year old male in Germany, O+, CMV-, with three kids. I can't wait until I get the opportunity to thank him for saving my daughter!

On a medical front she is now +290 (or so) days post transplant and doing well. She engrafted really quickly and was discharged at day 19. She was back in the hospital with what turned out to be be gut GvH at day +33. It took a long time to get that under control. While it was not life threatening it was certainly not good.

We are currently home and being followed long distance by Dr. Margolis. She started first grade this past week which is a huge accomplishment since her classroom for kindergarten was in the hospital.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them. If you want LOTS more detail about what we / she has gone through I have set up a webpage at www.carepages.com and her page name is Michelle5

Good luck to everyone,
Suzanne

Last edited by Marrowforums : Sat Dec 23, 2006 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added link