View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 14, 2011, 04:54 AM

Hi Kelly.

I had two of those in my pre-transplant regime. I had fludarabine, busulfane, and then campath. For me, the first two might as well have been saline drips for all I knew - no nausea, discomfort, or anything. The campath was kinda funny - the first night I had breathing difficulties and a tight chest (which was kinda scary til they put me on a nebuliser and it cleared up in minutes), and then the second night I had a comedy sneezing fit for 30 minutes, but other than a big red rash (easily fixed by piriton), that really wasn't so bad for me either. The BMT nurses said that everyone reacts differently to the campath, but that the rash is pretty common.

Just make sure she's got lots of activities and fun things to do inside and she'll be fine. I remember all the good, fun things about my hospital stay from when I was 5 years old, but I can barely remember any of the needles and pain at all. Kids really are resilient, and she'll be bouncing around the playground before you know it...

melissa
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)