View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2010, 03:08 AM

Unhappy This has been a bad week.

My husband just completed his 7th round of Vidaza and has been feeling very bad. We decided that it wasn't the treatment but his congestive heart disease. His BP was so low that he should have been out on the floor. We went to see his cardiologist and he reduced some of his heart meds and increased his Lasic for a couple of days. Then he will go back to taking the diuretic as previously prescribed. He is already feeling much better but the doctor told him NOT to take off his oxygen. He had been leaving his bottle home when we went out. Then when he got home he was beat. Men! He just feels that he has lost control of his life. This disease (MDS) as well as his congestive heart disease and lung problems have knocked him on his butt. He has always been the one to take care of me and now the positions have been reversed. He can't stand to see me take the car to put gasoline in because he always did that. Depression is a major problem with this disease isn't it? He goes for a echocardgram on Jan. 18. (Excuse my spelling,)
His blood work continues to be very good and the oncologist is very happy with his reaction to the treatments. Now if we can get his heart and lungs to cooperate we might take a trip.