View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:51 AM

Living life on Life's terms ;-)

Good morning all,
My husband was diagnosed 10/26/11 with MDS. First of all, those of you waiting, undecided, or already have had the Aloe or Auto transplant. It is a very difficult decision and process to go thru, for you and your family. However, I am so thankful my husband chose to go thru transplant. It is a very tough decision. I, as a caregiver can only express what I experienced and each one of us is different. You can follow our story on Caring Bridge search for Tom Wilcox. I noted everyday all medical, mental, and emotional events we experienced during the process. Yes, "Process." Everything in life is a process in which every day the "Event" happens and we can choose to accept and make the best of what life gives us. Tom and I did just that.
If anyone out there has questions or just needs a shoulder, I am here. I am truly blessed that God chose me to be with my husband during the process.
I found the Marrowforums back in 2011 when he was diagnosed. Looking for information on the disease and how it correlates with Vietnam. My husband spent 18 months in the jungle. From 1970-1975. If there is anyone out there with medical evidence, advice, etc. please let me know. My husband made me promise that I would fight for our kids and myself for benefits. When a soldier enlists, he gives our country a blank check for his life. My husband did just that.
Blessed,
Keri Anne