View Single Post
Old Sat May 21, 2022, 04:04 AM

5 years post transplant, doing well.

Hello everyone,
I have an appointment for my 5 years post transplant LTFU (long term follow up) in two weeks. I was going to wait for all the results of the blood counts to share with you, but I'm a bit excited since all is going well, and I'm certain the counts will be fine, so I just wanted to log in and ask how everyone is.
My hospital graduates most of their patients at the 5 year mark, and let us come in twice a year. Maybe making room for new patients.

Actually, I'm still taking some medicine, acyclovir for shingles, bone density, bactrim and gerd meds. And I'm still taking all the shots that I lost when I had my transplant, very late, but after transplant I was doing prednisone, and then during the pandemic, we weren't allowed back in the hospital. I had most of my appointments through the phone, and the prescription was sent to me. Insurance doesn't cover the cost for the shots, and every shot makes me wince, do I really need polio and DPT shots etc at my age? I know I do, but still this disease costs too much.

I have all 3 COVID shots done, and after this 5 year appointment, I might just be able to tell that inner voice that I won't relapse any more. Neil, Ruth, Dan, Mario, Rarity, John and everyone, hope you are all doing well.Hope to hear from everyone.

Meri