View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 2, 2012, 03:56 PM

Prednisone post ATG?

Hello, I completed my horse ATG this past Saturday and have a question regarding prednisone. I was given this 2-3 x daily the 4 days I was receiving the ATG, along with cyclosporine 2x a day, and an anti viral medication. However now that the ATG treatment is finished, I'm just on the cyclosporine, an antiviral and 2 preventative antibiotics until my white counts stabilize.

From reading the forums, it seems most people remain on prednisone post ATG and I'm wondering why and for how long?

Thank you,

Ps, had my 4th and last ATG dose Saturday and they sent me home 3 hours later as I had no adverse reactions with any of the doses. This was amazing because I totally failed the skin challenge test so my team worked with the NIH to create a protocol to allow me to receive the treatment and luckily i had no reactions while being infused. Hopefully this will be the case the next few weeks as well

Sent from my cell phone