View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 15, 2016, 08:35 AM

Well I had my first visit to the VA hospital.. I set the nurses record for most vials taken at once haha (29). Woke up with terrible joint pain almost like having powdered glass in my feet, knees, hands, and wrists. The ran blood tests for viral causes of secondary aplastic anemia. Found out my AA is rated as severe. I'm not too confident in what's being done at the moment, what virus would cause a destruction of red cells and platlets without affecting white cells? If something attacked my marrow wouldn't my white counts be down as well? The pain in my joints is mostly in my wrists this morning and I'm trying to resist gobbling more tramadol. My steroid dose is being upped to see the effect on my counts, which is worrisome since it can cause new fat deposit locations, and that in types of acquired AA there is already a risk of fat replacing a void left by damaged stem cells. Hopefully my q13 deletion comes back positive so that this won't be a potential issue. It's hard not to be critical when changing doctors and I understand they will have a different point of view and diagnostics, but with my case being done more or less through email now (the new Dr. is out of the country until next month) finding doubt is easy to do. It feels like I am getting worse even though my hgb remains in the low 8 range. Maybe I'm just paranoid...