View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 5, 2014, 08:36 PM

Cyclosporine side effects

Hi all,

My sister was placed back on Cyclosporine alone in August 2013. So far her counts have been doing well. Platelets over 100, neutrophil over 1 and WBC and RBC are sufficient. She was on CsA for a year in 2010-2011 after a round of ATG, however about 4 weeks ago she started experiencing migraines, nausea and some vomiting. It would come on only once a week (usually every friday) and symptoms would last for 24 hours at most. We are unsure if the nausea/vomiting is from the Migraine or the pills or something else. Migraines do tend to run in the family, I for one get them 2-3 times a month and they usually cause nausea for me, however my sister has never had an issue with them and never had side effects from the cyclo in the past. We spoke with our AA doctor and he wants to stop the cyclosporine cold turkey and see what happens.

Has anyone experienced similar side effects from being on Cyclosporine? Any thoughts from stopping Cyclo without a slow taper?

thanks!