View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 6, 2014, 10:23 PM

Awe my mom is from Ann Arbor and lived in Lansing. Well I think it's about a 3 hour drive but could you get to cleveland or Cincinnati or Chicago? All three cities have a great reputation in hematology.at least to get a diagnosis and then see if they can have you see a local dr that reports to them. I think some Drs at the Cleveland clinic do that. Maybe someone eles here knows? Are you currently going to the university of Michigan hospital? That one I think would be the best in your area(?)
Well I think that is low for your son to have that hypocellularity showing in the marrow at his age. But these things are so complex all I can offer is that it's low enough for a second opionion if your current Dr seems unconcerned.
My husband is 31 and his first biopsy showed 30-50% hypocellular. His first Dr seemed unconcerned as well but turns out long story very short he had aplastic anemia. Quick unofficial guide cellarity goes down about 10 pts per 10 years your alive starting from 100. So my husband being 30 should have been closer to 70%. With that said most aplastic anemia dx aren't given until under 20-30% hypocellular.plus there are a lot of anemias.
Sorry hope I didn't make a though situation more confusing! I remember being scared and scowering the Internet so I'm sorry your going through this.
I see in the BMB report it says to refer to the flow cetometry.. What did it say?
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim