View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 9, 2014, 09:31 AM

Confused more and more

Hi
I have been under (not literally!) my haematologist for over a year now after resenting signs of extreme fatigue. I was referred by my gp and have since had regular bloods taken and to date, 3 biopsys. The first biopsy showd a hypocellular bone marrow of 10%. My haematologist was happy for a watch and wait approach. I then developed breast cancer in July this year. On the day of surgery I was found to be neutrapinic at 0.90. My breast cancer was grade 3, stage 2a, triple negative. I was due to have chemo but after another bone marrow biopsy showing a 10-15% cellularity. I was told this was too unsafe to do chemo. I have since had another biopsy from my lower spine as an MRI showed 'shadows' on the spine and on my sternum. I have been told there's no evidence of bc cells in the marrow however, this biopsy showed hypercellular activity. I have been backwards and forwards between oncologists, spine surgeons and a haematologist and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I live in rural Norfolk in the uk and I appear to be rare! They were reluctant to call my condition AA but have kinda since said it is.
I'm 40 with 3 children and scared about the lack of support here with just a 'wait' and see situation.
Anyone else had bc and a marrow problem?
Kind regards
Karen x