Thread: update - day 27
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 7, 2015, 11:10 AM

update - day 27

Hi all - its been about two weeks since my trip to the ICU - since then my WBC's have risen high enough so I can leave my isolation room and walk the halls. Yesterday walked five miles and felt really good - better than I have in years.

We've been waiting for my platelets to rise - they'd been around 2-4. Yesterday they finally rose to 11 which was very exciting - unfortunately they're back down to 6 today. Neutrophils were also marginal today - but high enough for me to keep walking. Nevertheless, everyone was a bit disappointed

All in all however, I am finding this experience to be a blessing - helping me appreciate friends family and the many people, including those on this forum who continue to advise, wish me well and pray for me.

My donor gave bone marrow with a relatively low stem cell count and I'm told the counts are expected to rise more slowly - I figure another test of faith for me.

Other than my counts I feel really good - mentally, spiritually and physically.

Hopefully my numbers will continue improving and I'll be onto the next step of this journey.

Tracy: how are you doing?

Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015