Thread: update - day 27
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 8, 2015, 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone - thanks again for the kind words and advice.

Bailie - definitely overdid it a bit, legs are pretty sore this morning but a good kind of sore - I haven't been able to exercise that much in the last couple of years and it feels great being able to do so - my goal is to get really fit as I continue to recover.

They are keeping my hemoglobin above 8 via transplants, so I'm still quite dependent on blood, but hopefully that will improve. My Hg has been ranging between 5 and 8 prior to transplant, so I think having consistently higher RBC's helps - but I also give a lot of credit to the people praying for me and for my improved attitude, faith and gratitude. I especially thank everyone on this forum for their prayers and good thoughts -

Its a little frustrating the numbers aren't going higher faster - but that is where keeping my faith gets both harder and more important.

Tracey - sorry to hear about you delays - stay strong!

Waiting for this morning's numbers - i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again to everyone.

Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015