Thread: update - day 27
View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 10, 2015, 11:09 AM

Going Home - Day 30

Hi Everyone - they were planning to wait until my platelets were 10,000 or higher for two consecutive days to send me home. Yesterday they were 10,000 and today 9,000 and they decided to give me a platelet transfusion and send me home anyway. I go back to clinic tomorrow to check blood see how its going. Meanwhile my RBC's rose over 8 on their own and my neutrophils have been holding steady around 1.6 on there own- all good news. So far no serious side effects other than bruising from the low platelets.

I definitely overdid it a bit by walking 5 miles - but it felt great to be able to exercise - I haven't been able to walk that far in over a year without feeling terrible. Now I'm feeling better - like Im finally on an upswing.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, kind words and advice - all have been very helpful. I'll keep you posted on the next phase of my journey - but again, everyone on this forum have provided me with hope, inspiration and support.

Best to everyone
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015