Thread: update - day 27
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 20, 2015, 06:00 PM

Day 40

Hi Tracy - nice to hear from you. I'm doing OK - I'm adjusting to post hospital life - staying in apartment near hospital, feeling a little shut in but mostly glad to be in a normal bed.

My blood counts have been mostly stable - I go back to the hospital every other day and have been needing RBC transfusions every time - today was the first I didn't. I haven't needed platelets, although they've been giving me neupogen each time as well - except for today - Today was good -- perhaps I'm starting to climb back to normal. Had a bone marrow transplant had fewer stem cells than they'd have liked so that is possibly why things are taking a while.

The preliminary bone marrow biopsy results from last week were good - no blasts or sign of dysplastic cells - while not too many cells - those that were there all looked healthy. We're waiting to find out the percentage of donor cells and hoping for 100 %

Feeling pretty good although somewhat tired. Haven't found a walking routine yet - not much of a city walker, especially in mask and gloves - but trying to figure out a consistent workout. Had planned to walk up and down the stairs, but I'm pretty winded after 11 flights.

How are you doing? Any news about the pneumonia? Are they thinking of a lung biopsy? Any schedule for your transplant? I'm looking forward to you regaining your health. This experience so far has been filled with highs and lows but the idea of feeling good again is very exciting -- and I'm excited for you to get there too.

You are in my prayers and thoughts. Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015