View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 5, 2022, 07:43 PM

Smile Stem cell transplant post 5 years, doing very well !

Hello everyone,
My hospital "graduates" us after 5 years, and I am doing so well with blood counts.
WBC 5.5
RBC 4.0
Platelets 181
Wonderful isn't it! No lows no highs!
Yes, I am in remission, but my doctor would not say that there will never be a relapse. He wouldn't confirm that, and I totally understand, I'm just so grateful about today and how far I've come, so why worry about what might or might not come.

The doctor wanted to know about my lingering sinus problems and my IBS, then advised me to do my annual checkup for all those cancers. We have an annual that covers lung, stomach, colon, breast, uterus cancers, etc, and he suggested a colonoscopy for safe measure. I did have stage 4 gut liver after transplant so he wants to make sure everything is going well in my gut. And also to check on my bones too.

Secondary cancers come for some people after transplant, and all those steroids really messes up our bones and teeth. Once I came off prednisone, it was like giving my bones and teeth back to their former glory, it was so bad when I was on that drug. You cut prednisone, you cut off so many drugs that pred makes you need.

Thank you Rarity, your husband is in my prayers, and you too! I hope the summer will help him with his fight against AML. Hopeful, I am glad you are doing well too!

I am doing non profit work at church, helping the immigrants due to covid. I love my work ! When I bring them to the hospitals, I try to be their best advocate. Just because they don't speak the language doesn't mean the treatment is lacking. I think when there is someone speaking on their behalf, the patients worry less, and the doctors are confident that their information is properly delivered.

I took my third booster, Moderna, it took me down a few days with a terrible fever. I so hate moderna, because the the first two Pfizers were so nice to me. If it's moderna, I do not want the 4th shot.

Lastly, I would like to thank Neil and Ruth for having this forum. And all the people who commented on our posts. I learned a lot from everyone of you. You are all in my prayers.
And yes, I will be back in California for Christmas! So love the lights, the choirs, the Christmas trees.

Meri