View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 13, 2011, 06:27 PM

Dear Melissa
So sad to know the transplant failed, but perhaps your Mother would qualify for a clinical trial that they are doing @ Cancer Institute of NJ where they are testing a drug that converts AML cells back into useful cells. Check the website for more information, search AML in Clinical Trials, #020702; TPA is the drug. Not a chemotherapy, but a Phase 2 trial, which in my opinion seemed minimally invasive and very doable, provided you could make the trip up North.
I had signed up for this in the summer, then my bmb came back with lower blasts than originally thought.
If you would like to know more, contact me and I will forward you more information.
And remember, where there is life, there is hope. And sometimes test #s are wrong.....Hang in there and try to not panic. There may be more than one or two options out there...keep looking....best to you all...
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly